Stock Market Highlights
• The benchmark index advanced by 0.89% this week, on the back of gains in two counters in the banking and telecom sectors to close at 1,909.87 with a -15.39% year-to-date return.
Market capitalization increased by 0.33% to settle at GH¢54.04 billion.
• Standard Chartered Bank (+2.58%) pushed the GSE-FI up by 0.53% to close at 1,725.13 with a -14.58% year-to-date return.
Activity Levels Declined
• A total of 13,241,564 shares valued at GH¢5,100,677 changed hands this week compared to 50,947,822 shares valued at GH¢36,675,264 last week.
• MTN Ghana dominated trading activity, accounting for 96.95% of total value traded.
• We expect a slowdown in trading activity next week due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Unilever Ghana Plc (UNIL) UNIL has announced that Unilever Overseas Holdings Limited acquired 7.94% of the issued shares in UNIL on 11th December 2020. The Free of Payment (FoP) transaction was executed in Ghana and involved the purchase of 4,962,500 ordinary shares in UNIL. This acquisition takes Unilever’s current shareholding in UNIL to 74.50%. Investors looking to purchase/sell stocks and treasury bills can do so through SIC Brokerage Ltd.
Disclaimer - SIC Brokerage and its employees do not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using our content. No one should make any investment decision without first consulting his or her own Investment advisor and conducting his or her own research and due diligence. SIC Brokerage disclaims any and all liabilities in the event that any Information, commentary, analysis, opinions, advice and/or recommendations prove to be inaccurate, incomplete or unreliable, or result in any investment or other losses. Weekly Capital Market Recap: December 24, 2020