Structual Engineering Information
3 - 5 Years
GH¢4,000.00 - GH¢5,000.00
• A Bachelor’s degree in a required field. • Professional membership is a plus. • Microsoft Office proficiency especially Excel • Knowledge of and familiarization with general applications of computer aided • drafting (CAD) • Responsible for budgeting and project cost control • Have clear and concise communications • Manage client contact • Understand codes and regulations • Responsible for delegating and coordinating • Responsible for evaluating and selecting equipment and supplies • Practice good management practices • Have good organizational ability • Be able to independently investigate/research - problem solving • Understand the permitting processes • Able to complete project estimating • Able to handle crew scheduling • Able to handle staffing • Have a thorough understanding of plans and specifications • Understand company structure
- Know the principles of performing basic surveys such as leveling, traversing, public land surveys, metes and bounds surveys, topographic surveys, construction surveys, horizontal control surveys, State Plane Coordinate surveys and as-built surveys.
- Be familiar with requirements of global positioning (GPS) and geographic/land information systems (GIS). Have a general knowledge of hydrographic, mining and photogrammetric surveying.
- Have ability to inventory, evaluate, specify, and purchase field instruments. Some historical knowledge is required.
- Know how to operate, check, and perform basic field adjustments on theodolites, total stations, data collectors, levels, compass, tribrachs, and tripods. This would include repeating observations and steel taping.
- Perform mathematical checks of trigonometry, geometry, algebra, coordinate geometry, and basic surveying computations.
- Be able to perform traverse and level loop computations including closure, precision determination and adjustment computations. Be familiar with taping corrections, basic principles of measurement, EDM baseline comparison computations, error propagation, and astronomic azimuth determination.
- Have knowledge of proper record keeping, timekeeping, and job expenses.
- Have a general knowledge of first aid and traffic control and safety procedures for a variety of surveying and construction operations.
- Have knowledge of ethics and technical standards and organizations such as ALTA, NGS, NSPS/ACSM, BLM, ASCE, etc
- Using hand calculations or micro-computer software, be able to enter or check field data and the resulting positional information.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of and familiarity with client contacts, dealing with the public and governmental agencies, field crew management, scheduling, equipment and supplies management.
- Be able to evaluate personnel performance, and perform basic budgeting and cost control techniques.
- Have ability to train personnel in all aspects of field and/or office surveying practices.
- Be able to coordinate and supervise field work, staking and stake marking for a variety of standard types of surveys.
- Have a general familiarity with local and state land use regulations as they relate to lot
Abeka La Paz