Security Manager Information
1 - 3 Years
Other Professional Qualification
1. Excellent understanding of Guard force management and intelligence based investigations. 2. Competency in security personnel training. 3. Good Knowledge of security environments and health and safety hazards. 4. Critical, analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills. 5. Flexible and adaptable approach to solving client complaints. 6. Good people management skills. 7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. 8. Computer literacy. 9. Capable of working under pressure in a multi-site environment. 10. Ability to drive a Motor vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
- Effectively manage the security operational structures and systems to ensure that, the company runs an efficient security force that successfully secures all the estates, offices, sites and installations that company's Security currently secures.
- Ensure regular update and implementation of security policies and procedures of our clients for better security service delivery; ensure guards are aligned with updates as necessary.
- Recruit guards as necessary to ensure that, a full complement of men is always available to ensure the efficient running of Security at all times.
- Ensure a comprehensive training of newly recruited guards and the continuous training of existing staff according to current industry best practices to make them a crack efficient guard force.
- Training should encompass security, fire, health and safety as well as weekly physical fitness and grooming.
- Ensure all newly recruited guards undergo Police vetting and background check.
- Ensure the fire warden’s team is adequately prepared and resourced at all times in terms of training and equipment to respond to internal fire incidents.
- Conduct bi-annual Emergency Fire and Evacuation Drill for the company with the Ghana National Fire Service in attendance.
- Ensure that all security and firefighting equipment are well maintained and accounted for.
- Conduct regular security evaluations, audits and surveys of operational sites to assist in the maintenance and review of standards of performance.
- Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly security reports and crime statistics to assist management, clients and councils in the review of existing security policies and procedures.
- Ensure that weekly Client reports are sent as necessary.
- Ensure a regular interface with clients/clients’ representative is maintained at all times to ensure teething challenges at clients premises are elicited in good time and addressed expeditiously.
- Build a rapport with local security agencies to ensure their assistance and cooperation in the maintenance of security and in the conduct of investigations.
- Provide weekly security briefings for the General Manager.
- Organize quarterly security awareness briefs for clients.
- Attend clients’ operational review meetings.
- Prepare billing for security services in conjunction with the Accounts Department.
- Prepare Annual income and expenditure budgets for the Security Department in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Organize bi-annual Emergency Fire Drill at all company sites.
- Must be available to attend to security calls at all times as a Senior Manager.
- Advise management on best security practices.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by management.
#1 CLUB ROAD