Research Scientist Information
S/he will work to identify the appropriate strategies for the farmland and implement these working closely with the farmhands, through teaching, training, and implementing a variety of sustainable agriculture techniques. The focus of the role is increasing yield and farming efficiently.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform gap analysis on current agronomic practices, procedures & standards and submit report with suggested improvements;
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather or prevent damage from pests;
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes;
- Advising and implementing necessary records keeping regarding field, crops, samples etc.
- Any other activities that will be necessary to boost crop production and yield
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines;
- Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems;
- Assisting with guidance and implementation of efficient manure/compost/fertilizer preparation and application methods;
- Develop a performance framework and assist in identifying project monitoring and evaluation indicators;
- Providing training and knowledge sessions for field staff and farmhands on experiments conducted and skills update.