Other Jobs Information
5 - 10 Years
• Graduation from an accredited college or university in an appropriate curriculum and considerable experience related to this class of work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience. • Thorough knowledge of ornamental horticulture in all phases. • Thorough knowledge of plant propagation. • Considerable knowledge of the principles of nursery management. • Knowledge of the principles of supervision. • Knowledge of the elementary principles of landscaping. • Ability to supervise the work of others.
REPORT TO: HEAD- EXTERNAL ENVIRONMENT
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides professional advice on the selection, ordering, planting, and maintenance of trees, shrubs, ground covers, and turf grasses in the Hotel.
- Plans and designs annual and perennial flower beds.
- Grows potted plants and nursery stock and maintains records on the growing operation.
- Trains and supervises subordinate personnel in greenhouse operations and in the proper methods and techniques of planting ornamental plants.
- Trains ground personnel in the techniques of pruning, wound dressing, cavity repair, and the cabling and bracing of trees and shrubs.
- Prepares orders for various types of plants and seeds. Inventories, maps, and labels trees and shrubs on campus for instructional and maintenance purposes.
- Assists in the preparation of maintenance programs for the control of plant diseases and insects. Prepares fertilizer programs for various types of plants.
- Confers with landscape architect and other personnel in the selection of plants.
- Supervises with the operation of the Departmental Greenhouse.
- Performs related duties as required.
Agogo-Mpraeso Rd, Nkwatia