School Nurse (needed For Urgent Employment)
Other Jobs Information
The purpose of this position is to provide and promote an optimal level of wellness of students and staff by providing preventive health services to facilitate the students and staff’s optimal physical, mental, emotional and social growth and development.
- Promote and protect the optimal health status of school-age children
- Work to promote a healthy school environment and help to identify both actual and potential health problems.
- Provide health assessments of school children who report to the sick bay.
- Ensure compliance with the school’s health protocols and policies.
- Encourage students to maintain healthy habits and behaviors at all times.
- Evaluate patients who complain of specific ailments and provide health assessments of school children who report to the sick bay.
- Monitor and dispense prescription medications based on instructions from parents and GP’s
- Develop and manage school health and wellness programme.
- Interpret the health status of students to parents and school personnel.
- Provides health counseling with students and staff.
- Utilize existing health resources to provide appropriate care of students and staff.
- Maintain evaluate and interpret cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students.
- Plans and implements school health management protocols.
- Develops procedures that provides for emergency nursing management for injuries/illnesses
- Provide assistance in the control of communicable diseases where applicable.
- Provides health education and anticipatory guidance.
- Provides direct health education, and health counseling to assist students and staff in making decisions on health and lifestyles that affect their overall health by teaching persons to become more assertive health consumers and to assume greater responsibility for their own health.
- Coordinate school health activities and serves as a liaison health professional between the school and community.
- Undertake any other job/tasks assigned by Management of the school
- Participate in school projects and take an active role in cross-functional teams to assist in driving quality health improvements, processes, and initiatives.