Environmental Health & Safety Manager(Steel Company Konongo)
Other Jobs Information
A Steel manufacturing Company around Konongo – Odumase is looking for the services of Environmental Health & Safety Officer. The HSE Officer will play a vital role in ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for all employees within the company. This position is responsible for implementing and monitoring health, safety, and environmental programs, policies, and procedures to minimize risks and promote a culture of safety.
Develop and implement HSE policies and procedures:
- Create and update company-specific HSE policies and procedures in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Ensure policies are effectively communicated and understood by all employees.
Conduct risk assessments and inspections:
- Identify potential hazards and conduct regular risk assessments in all areas of the organization.
- Perform inspections to identify non-compliance and unsafe practices.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to address identified risks and provide recommendations for improvement.
Employee training and awareness:
- Develop and deliver training programs on HSE topics to raise employee awareness and knowledge.
- Conduct safety inductions for new employees and provide ongoing HSE training to existing staff.
- Promote a strong safety culture and encourage employee engagement in HSE initiatives.
Incident investigation and reporting:
- Lead and conduct investigations into accidents, incidents, and near misses.
- Analyze root causes, recommend corrective actions, and ensure timely implementation.
- Prepare accurate and detailed incident reports and maintain records of all incidents.
Compliance and regulatory requirements:
- Stay up to date with applicable HSE laws, regulations, and standards.
- Ensure the organization's compliance with relevant legislation and industry-specific requirements.
- Coordinate with regulatory bodies and participate in audits and inspections.
Emergency preparedness and response:
- Develop and maintain emergency response plans and procedures.
- Conduct drills and exercises to test the effectiveness of emergency response systems.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to ensure adequate emergency preparedness measures are in place.
Monitoring and continuous improvement:
- Establish and maintain systems for monitoring and measuring HSE performance indicators.
- Analyze data and provide regular reports to management on HSE performance.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement proactive measures to enhance safety and environmental practices.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 years and above experience is required for this position
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Relevant certifications in HSE, such as NEBOSH, OSHA, or ISO 45001, are preferred.
- Proven experience working in HSE roles within the steel industry or a similar heavy industry.
- Sound knowledge of local and international HSE regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to conduct risk assessments and investigations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively train and engage employees.
- Proficient in using HSE software and systems for data management and reporting.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting a safety-first culture.