Lab Technician (Cement Plant)
Operations Technician Information
Our client, an international cement manufacturing company is currently seeking to hire an efficient and proactive Lab Technician to support their operations in Ghana.
Successful candidate will analyze raw materials for quality control purposes and final products for conformity according to governing procedure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out chemical analysis by wet chemistry method and XRF (X-ray fluorescence)
- Prepare and standardize laboratory reagents/solutions
- Test physical properties of raw material and cement
- Measure and maintain proper records of cement silo stock
- Report and suggest solutions to quality related problems in the production process
- Calibrate Leco Carbon Sulphur Determinator and XRF
- Keep accurate records of stock level of reagents and consumables
- Ensure proper disposal of chemical effluents according to standard procedures
- Assist in implementing EHS and Quality policies in the laboratory
- Ensure that the physical lab cleaner carries out all expected tasks
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned