Broadcast Technician-Radio In Takoradi
Operations Technician Information
3 - 5 Years
HND Electrical Electronics Engineering, Broadcast Engineering, Telecom Engineering. Radio and Television Part-1/2/3, or Electrical Engineering Part-1/2/3.
- Ensure the radio station remain on-air continuously, without technical hiccups that could affect programme production or transmission
- Be readily available to receive and follow-up system alarms and calls for help from on-air talents.
- Be able to work with/on available IT systems as first point of contact for problem resolution
- Perform preventive and minor equipment maintenance.
- Control audio equipment in order to regulate the volume and sound quality during radio and broadcasts.
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Report equipment problems, and ensure that repairs are made; make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
- Substitute programs in cases where signals fail.
- Organize recording sessions, and prepare radio booths and for recording.
- Give technical directions to other personnel during broadcast
- Set up and operate portable field transmission equipment outside broadcast (OB).
- Determine the number, type, and approximate location of microphones needed for best sound recording or transmission quality, and position them appropriately.
Main logs of all events for reporting purposes
114/3 Farrar Avenue, North Adabraka