Night Patrol Supervisor
Operations Manager Information
The Supervisor shall be tasked with the responsibility of the day-to-day over-sight of the zone assigned to them. He will report directly to the Head of Security and take instructions from him for implementation within the zone to achieve a corporate goal. They are to serve as the direct link between the office and the client as well as the guards deployed on the field. Below are their terms of reference:
- He will have direct supervision and control over the guards within a zone and of a particular shift assigned to him.
- They are to visit each location at least once daily to check on guards in making sure that they are neatly dressed and smart and doing what is right.
- They are to give credence to all clients complains and have it resolved within 45 minutes.
- They are to see to a strict observation and implementation of all Post and Standing Orders of clients.
- They should ensure that guards who are considered for employment are taking through at least days intensive and rigorous training before deployment.
- They are to conduct spot checks on problematic areas in the zone after their first round of effective supervision.
- They are to spend at least 30 minutes at each location to inspect the D. O. B’s and the entire premises or facility together with the guard (s) whereas inspecting all items handed and taking over in the D. O. B’s.
- They are to report any matter of interest to the Head of Security within a space of 15 minutes for further action to be taken.
- They are to document all client complaints on the installation sheet for the purpose of records and forward it to the Head of Security.
- They are to standby at any location that has shortage and arranged through the Head of Security for a standby guard.
- They are required to give on the spot training to a guard via their observation at a location, document them in the D. O. B and forward same to the Head of Security.
- They are required to meet clients or their representatives on each visit and ask for their concerns and document same in the D. O. B and the installation sheet.
- They are to pay consistent visits at new locations at least twice a day and night and spend some time with guards, helping them to be conversant with the locations and it operational structures and report same to the Head of Security accordingly.
- They are to ensure that all installations slated for the day are finished and submitted to the Head of Security immediately after close of work. Under no circumstance should a Supervisor keep the installation sheet with him for more than 2hrs after close of work.
- They are to inform client of a possible change of guards from their location if the need be and introduce new guard to the client after the Head of Security had explained to the client the need for the change of guards.
- They are to update guards on all information that comes from the management through to the Head of Security.