Nurse (Company) Needed For Employment
1 - 3 Years
Other Professional Qualification
Registered nurse with a recognized occupational health qualification such as OHN certificate, diploma or specialist degree. 2. Registered with the nursing and midwifery council. 3. Minimum 1 years post registration. 4. Previous experience within occupation health setting. 5. Good business aware coupled with professional medical and technical skill eg(audiometry, spirometer, vision screening and health promotion). Skills & knowledge 1. Excellent communication/ interpersonal skills with particular emphasis on: * coaching/ counseling skill *influencing/ networking skills * able to build flexible and effective relationship across the business. 2. Integrated PC based application skills 3. Health and safety knowledge and experience eg. NEBOSH/Egonomics 4. Experience of operating effectively at all level with the Organisation. 5. Experience of travel medicine.
- Work in partnership with Management Teams to increase productivity by lowering sickness absence.
- Enable people with a health condition or disability to work.
- Organising and participation of pre-employment/re-deployment health assessment and health surveillance programmes for staff identified by risk assessment.
- Develop day to day interface with external/internal agencies providing specialist advice to Line Managers on legislative matters including implementation where necessary.
- Identify and champion best practice with the Occupational Health Service using benchmarking techniques.
- Ordering and storage of adequate stock level of drugs and immunisation.
- Initiating, maintaining and updating of individual OH records ensuring confidential, effective and safe operation of manual and electronic systems.
- Identifying and investigating diseases reportable under laws of Ghana.
- Undertaking of workplace and environment visit, becoming familiar with work practices and potential workplace hazards.
- Promote and reinforce the principle of occupation Health to enable a proactive approach to good health to be adopted (health culture established).
- Provide expertise across operations by identifying opportunities for health promotion/education/training on health issue and preventive measures.
- Manage and develop relationships at all levels across the business.