Maintenance Superintendent-Immediate Need
Mechanical Engineer Information
Job Location: Offshore - Ghana
Reports to: Offshore Installation Manager (with Functional Report to M&I Manager)
Offshore Organisation: The incumbent will be required to work with minimal direct supervision. Guided by Direct manager on FPSO. Indicate positions that report directly to this position. Number of direct / indirect reports.
• Maintenance Supervisor • Electrical Maintenance Supervisor • Instrument Supervisor • Offshore Inspection Engineer (OIE) • Maintenance Planner
Manage all Maintenance and Inspection activities on the FPSO in a safe and efficient manner, being aware of the safety of others, effective utilisation of relevant FPSO systems, processes and resources, ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements. Works in conjunction with Maintenance & Integrity Manager to develop and implement the Ghana Asset Maintenance strategy.
Key Areas of activity
• Manage all planned preventative and corrective maintenance as described in Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) PMs, Job Plans and work instructions
• Manage Shutdown and major/campaign maintenance work programmes
• Responsible for weekly monitoring checks on safety, production and environmental critical equipment, reporting any deviation to performance standards and raise work orders in CMMS.
• Manage all fault finding and diagnostic checks ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly.
• Participates in failure investigations and root cause analysis to identify and implement reliability improvement opportunities.
• Ensures critical spares and materials are available to enable work to be completed per schedule. Ensure any discrepancies are addressed.
• Completing and maintaining all documentation as required for all maintenance operational work activities
• Liaises with and obtains Engineering Technical Support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility
• Complete all work activities in accordance with the Facility standards, management procedures and specifications.
• Works closely with onshore M&I Manager and Team to ensure development and implementation of the TGL Maintenance Strategy
• Apply good Maintenance engineering practice and judgement to the input, and execution and completion of engineering requests and maintenance work activities.
• Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency and productivity without loss of integrity. Vendor Maintenance Management:
• Ensure that maintenance contractors are managed safely and effectively.
• Providing FPSO familiarization of planned work scopes.
• Arrange, review, plan, engage and manage vendors as required to complete work activities. HSEQ:
• Complies with the Tullow HSEQ Code of Conduct to protect people and the environment at all times.
• Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
• Complies with the Tullow Code of Business Conduct and Ethics policies and expected training at all times.
Emergency Response Tasks
• Specific role requirements are outlined within the Emergency response procedure and Muster Station Bill
• 10+ years post graduate industry experience in a Supervisory engineering discipline role, ideally in the Oil and Gas or Petrochemicals industry, ideally at a refinery or offshore facility in the field of Maintenance management of process plant.
• Ideally have experience of FPSO tanker operations and maintenance and Classification requirements for hull, machinery and topsides production facilities.
• Have good knowledge of the oil and gas production process and the facilities plant and machinery, ensuring their safe operation and maintenance
• A proven track record of leading multi discipline maintenance and inspection teams to meet targets on time and within budget
• Experience managing maintenance and inspection/corrosion management plans
• Sound knowledge and experience of facility asset integrity management principles including: risk based inspection (RBI), corrosion management, anomaly management and fabric maintenance.
• Experience of defect elimination, root cause analysis and reliability improvement. Actively participate and/or contribute toward defect elimination/system ownership focus groups.
• Experience of shutdown planning and management
• Experience of computerised maintenance management systems
• Experience with Safety and Operations Management Systems
• Detailed knowledge of NDT techniques and their limitations.
• Knowledge of coatings selection, application and inspection/maintenance.
• Knowledge of Pressure systems equipment and piping system basic design/fabrication.
• Knowledge of safety requirements including control of work systems, operational and emergency procedures, company policy and instructions.