Mechanical Engineer Information
To ensure the revenues of the workshop are met along with the profitability targets. To manage the day to day activities of the workshop and ensure that all the jobs handled are completed on time, within the cost allocated, complies with the quality while maintaining a safe working environment.
• To take responsibility for all Workshops. In the satellite facilities the day to day operational support management will be by the Ship Repair Manager, however strategic and functional management of the workshops (development, upgrading, Capex, recruitment, etc.) will be the responsibility of the Workshop Manager.
• To generate business for the workshop services, by direct interactions with new clients for new business and existing clients for repeat business. Reduce Customer Complaints and Rework orders, Increase repeat business, achieve targeted customer visits
• Responsible for optimum utilization of resources available for the workshop in terms of machinery, manpower, utilities, consumables etc for the various jobs being conducted for various clients.
• To ensure that the activities of the workshop are well coordinated in order to complete the jobs received within the allocated time frame, quality parameters, class requirements and budgeted cost.
• Coordinate with customers for planning and scheduling of activities prior to commencement of work and ensure appropriate approvals for the same.
• To develop and implement procedures for requisition of bill of materials and other resources from stores and purchase department and liaison with sub-contractors to get material and ensure their payments are made on time.
• To work within the framework of the contracts/class rules/international standards for the department
• To coordinate all related activities pertaining to testing, pre-commissioning, and commissioning of equipment and machinery.
• To develop and implement a system to ensure regular maintenance service for the machinery and for breakdown related activities.
• Must be able to manage the facilities alongside the workshop and ensure compliance to all regulatory authorities.
• To coordinate with other departments within the Company for issues relating to administration, logistics, quality, purchase, HSE and production.
• Completion and submission of all required documentation to support the workshop activities including damage reports, repair procedures, quality tests and results, completion reports, additional work reports etc.
• Workshop Manager is also expected to lead facilities management of overall facilities where Ship Repair Business operates.