Mechanical Operator (Contract)
Mechanical Engineer Information
• Responsible for daily checks on and production lines and equipment.
• Reporting any deviation of set parameters and raise work orders
• Completing documentation associated with Production operational work activities
• Monitor and keep records of chemical stocks during shift.
• Carry out chemical cleaning of Ultrafiltration and Reverse Osmosis membranes in accordance with standard procedures
• Supervise the activities of factory hand(s)
• Be familiar with safety requirements including work permit systems, operational and emergency procedures, company policy and instructions
• Reports to the Shift In-charge
• Ensure a safe and comprehensive handover is given at the end of shift.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
• Monitor condition of plant & equipment and raise issues/concerns identified.
• Ensure activities are progressed in accordance with Facility and industry standard.
• Ensure the necessary paperwork, including risk assessments, are completed for each task.
• To conduct all business activities in a responsible manner that assures the health, safety, and security of facility & personnel.
• Attend safety meetings and trainings
Skills and Attributes
• Initiative and proactive
• Ability to work under pressure
• High level communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proven ability to work alone
Qualification and Requirements
• A minimum of a Technical qualification required
• At least 2-5 years working experience as an operator
• Demonstrate detailed understanding of production procedures
• Adherence to health and safety regulations.
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
• Demonstrate understanding of teamwork
• Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to learn
• Analytical skills
• Physical stamina
• Attention to detail
• Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel is a plus