Senior Account Manager
Marketing Manager Jobs Information
REPORTING TO: ACCOUNT DIRECTOR / CLIENT SERVICE DIRECTOR
STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Build value for our stakeholders:
o To manage, and control, marketing communications projects, and the people who implement them, in accordance with project plans and financial targets.
• Meet key performance goals:
o Client satisfaction, business development and profitability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Excellent understanding of marketing communications – able to specialize in experiential marketing and / or sponsorship marketing.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Tact and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work with numbers.
• Proactive in developing clients business.
• Project management skills.
• IT skills.
• Ability to prioritise and identify problems - offering solutions.
• Works well under pressure.
• Has an open and friendly personality.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
CLIENT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
• Set-up account management systems for each client’s business.
o Develop a strong relationship with the Client on a day-to-day basis. Attend regular meetings and ensure that their expectations are fulfilled.
o Obtain a clear and comprehensive brief from the Client. Contribute to the preparation and presentation of proposals for new projects.
o Monitor Clients’ brands, industries and markets, and competitive activity. Become familiar with changes and trends and be prepared to provide a summary of this information to Clients.
o Participate in regular status meetings with account team and assist with management of projects and plan work accordingly.
o Ensure policies and processes are followed in day to day business activities. These include:
Policies: Finance, HR and IT (including back-up of information).
Processes: Sixth SenseTM Marketing; Measurement and Evaluation (of projects); Internal Briefings; Brand Ambassador Training and Client Service maintenance and management (Contact reports – after every meeting ; Activation reports – weekly, monthly and on completion,
which covers a full summary and evaluation of value created for
the client as well as next phase of activity proposal.)
• Ensure all jobs are scheduled on time and to budget, and monitor progress.
• Brief Production (internal and external) and staff agency.
• Produce accurate and on time contact reports, and ensure they are distributed and agreed with client. Ensure that all points are actioned.
• Understand and use relevant marketing tools.
• Participate in strategic planning and co-ordinate the implementation of tactical projects.
• Ensure that the Creative Department is provided with a clear and comprehensive brief.
o Plan and control the production of artwork ensuring that it is completed on time and within budget. Proof the work, obtain country manager approval and present to the Client. Obtain written approval, from the Client for all finished artwork before printing.
• Evaluate subsequent proposals and present selected work to the Client.
• Obtain thorough debrief on all proposals to enable effective project management
• Liaise with the Operations Manager to select, negotiate and oversee suppliers to ensure that their work is produced on time, within budget and that it achieves the required standard.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of promotions by monitoring feedback and obtaining quantifiable results.
• Participate in generating new business through industry relationships and previous experience to increase billings/revenue.
• Ability to understand and work within clients’ budget.
• Maintain agreed profitability margins.
• Ensure all quotations and IN / OUT costs are accurate.
• Monitor outgoing costs. Ensure client invoicing is correct and timely.
• Participate in updating the monthly Billings Sheet and plan to achieve teams target.
• Liaise with Operations Manager to ensure competitive quotes are always obtained
o Ensure maximum GP and payment terms are obtained.
o Ensure supplier queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently by all team members
• Monitor WIP on a monthly basis and ensure that invoices, purchase orders etc, are issued promptly.
MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF STAFF
• Assist Management in managing assigned staff and developing for roles of greater responsibility.
• Delegate work to executive in line with their ability to complete it to the required standard and within the required deadline.
o Monitor the workflow of each individual and assist them with setting priorities on a daily basis if required.
o Work with the Account Director to ensure that the team is used to maximum effect, using all resources and aiding the development of individuals.
• Contribute to the performance appraisal of staff and to developing their motivation.