SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
To develop and implement strategies, establish systems and controls to manage the operations of the retail market complex.
Develop and execute strategies to achieve short, medium and long-term goals for the markets including plans to improve cost-efficiency;
- Prepare, submit and communicate monthly, half-yearly and annually operational reports in an accurate and timely manner to the Board.
- Maintaining positive and trust-based relations with the Board, shareholders, and authorities of the markets;
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Board
- Effectively and efficiently control the cash flow to prevent the incidence of any liquidity and/or financial crisis that can adversely affect the operation of the market facility.
- Build and sustain the capacity of the various departments within the company and provide exemplary stewardship through the establishment, monitoring and improvement of operational systems, strategies and policies.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial issues that can impact on the overall performance and sustainability of the markets to the Board.
- Review and evaluate performance of Heads of departments to create and maintain effective and efficient management team.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Board and attend Board meetings as may be required.
- Assist in providing periodic reports for Management Information Systems.