Logistics/Transport Officer- FMCG
Logistics Administrator Information
3 - 5 Years
Higher National Diploma
• HND or first degree Logistics and Supply Chain Management or in any related field of study • Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in this field of logistics & warehousing; experience in the FMCG industry (Sales & Distribution) will be an added advantage
As a Logistics/Transport Officer you would be tasked to support the warehouse department of to arrange and ogranize the sales orders to be delivered to customers within and outside of Accra.
- Plan for transport needs and implement plans to make vehicles readily available for use.
- Source for suitable vehicles and engage them for transport of goods and deliveries to customers in Accra and other regions.
- Negotiate with transporters on vehicle rental charges and other transportation charges for bulk deliveries to customers in Accra and other regions.
- Train drivers on delivery procedures and supervise them to carry out deliveries and other assignments.
- Collaborate with warehouse to execute sales orders on schedule and create a list of all orders pending delivery.
- Collaborate with sales executives to ensure goods are delivered to the right customers.
- Fuel vehicles and monitor the movement of vehicles.
- Plan, schedule sales orders, assign vehicles and define routes for drivers to follow to carry out deliveries on daily basis.
- Prepare daily logistics report
- Draft vehicle agreements for all vehicles engaged for dedicated delivery service.
- Ensure repairs on vehicle(s) are done to keep vehicle(s) in good conditions.
- All other logistics duties as may be assigned.
- HND or first degree in any field of study
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in this field of logistics & warehousing; experience in the FMCG industry (Sales & Distribution) will be an added advantage
- Must be between the ages of 25 to 29 years
- Must be a resident of Tema or its environs
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft office Suite (Word & Excel)
Tema - Aflao Highway