Senior Lecturer –School Of Fashion & Design
To conduct and contribute to research, learning and teaching, and knowledge transfer to the benefit of students and the University community.
Learning and teaching
- Deliver high quality teaching to students relating to fashion history, fashion theory, or the critical understanding of fashion practices, at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Design, develop and review teaching activities and materials
- Identify best and innovative practices in learning and teaching and build these into personal teaching practice
- Maintain an understanding of how emerging research in the subject discipline can shape and improve the curriculum, and inform personal teaching practice
- Contribute to course or programme review and design
- Give effective advice, guidance and feedback to students, to support their academic progress
- Enhance student experience and outcomes
Research and knowledge transfer
- Develop and maintain a network of research and knowledge transfer related contacts, in the University and the wider specialist community
- Be committed to ensuring that research has impact beyond academia
- Continually update own knowledge in the field of specialism
- Supervise students and contribute to supervision Academic Management
- Lead learning and teaching activities in a particular area as agreed
- Contribute to the administration of the academic programme, by supporting student recruitment, induction etc
- Advise and coach colleagues
- Undertake other activities, as required
Formal Education and Certification
- The candidate must have an MPhil or MSc in Fashion Design from an accredited institution.
- He / She must have worked as a Senior Lecturer for at least five (5) years.
- Must have at least 6 publications from refereed journals.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Appropriate academic qualifications at postgraduate level (normally a doctorate or equivalent)
- Evidence of research performance and research outputs of international standard
- Ability to deliver high quality teaching
- Understanding and proven experience of research methods and processes
- Understanding of good professional practice in learning and teaching
- Commitment to completing formal training in academic practice