Team Leader – (Web Development) Urgently Needed
It Manager Information
TEAM LEADER – WEB DEVELOPMENT
Category: Information Technology
Our client, a global commodity trading and processing company is currently looking for a proactive Team Leader – Web Development to help with their operations in Ghana.
The successful candidate will be in charge of designing, modifying, developing, writing and implementing software programming applications and components; works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to performing the functions of the job and maintaining documentation of process flow.
He/She will be reporting to Chief Technology Officer, IT
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the requirements of the business and developing the software/application as suggested.
- Understand the existing application framework and architecture and work with existing web and mobile development teams.
- Participating in Sprint meetings and tracking the progress of the development.
- Conducting team review meetings on regular basis and escalating the gaps/delays to CTO.
- Will be responsible for the code review and guide the team to code using the standards.
- Enhancing the applications/software by adopting new technologies/tools.
- Working at architecture level changes.
- Design and Develop and code business applications, multi-tiered web and client server applications using: C#, XML, SQL, HTML5, JQuery and Java script.
- Managing a small team of developers and guiding them for desired output.
- Performing the unit testing and documenting.
- Enhance existing systems by analysing business objectives, and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Coordinating with the internal teams (Development, QA team & supporting) to identify and fix issues/bugs in the software.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer engineering or similar discipline
Master’s degree in Computer engineering or similar discipline is an added advatage
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience as a web developer or similar role
- 1+ year experience with agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Ability to supervise, coordinate and direct the work of subordinates.
- Must have Excellent Communication both written and orally.
- Must possess Decision making skills
- Must pay attention to detail
- Ability to mentor development staffs while implementing best practices and improving the development processes
- Highly focused and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Must have a sense of urgency
- Strong knowledge and experience with databases (SQL).
- Strong knowledge on the Software development life cycle.
- Excellent IT skills
- Creative and innovative
- Strong knowledge on the web services/APIs development.
- Must possess strong leadership Skills
- Documenting the teamwork skills
- Practical work experience and understanding on the third-party tools/applications integration.
- Ability work with minimum supervision, meet schedules time lines and plan and organize work accordingly.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.