Admin/ Human Resource Personnel
Human Resources Assistant Information
Human Resources Assistant
1 - 3 Years
• Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position • Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.) • Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures • Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus • Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills • Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude • Strong ethics and reliability • BSc/BA in business administration, social studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Supports organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Manages human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Advances human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.