Electrical Engineer Information
3 - 5 Years
Qualification Diploma or equivalent Electrical Technician Certificate Other • Candidate should reside in Tema community 25 and its immediate environs; Ashaiman, Gulf City, Dawenya. • Possess minimum 4 years’ experience
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with electrical codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet industry standards.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tool.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Undertake routine checks to detect faults and provide estimates for resolution
- Provide assistance during emergencies.