Fiber Optic Engineer
Electrical Engineer Information
3 - 5 Years
Higher National Diploma
Higher National Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
The successful candidate will be responsible for rectifying signals on fiber optic network, maintenance and implementation of project execution.
- Rectification of signal degradation on Fibre optic network
- Maintenance of MTN,VODAFONE and Airtel BB/Metro fiber network
- In-depth knowledge on the Implementation, Deployment and Maintenance of OSP(FTTH,FTTx & FTTP),OLT,ONTs and PON Technologies
- Provide project support to implementation on projects execution.
- Supervise civil works (OSPs)(Excavation of trenches, Construction of Manhole and joint box) preparatory to cable installation
- Performing fiber optics diagnosis test in DWDM and OLT equipment switches.
Experience and Education
- HND or Degree in Telecommunications Enigneering.
- 3-5 Years experience working experience in the Telecommunication Industry
- Must have Fiber Optics Experience
Equipment and Tools handling
- End -to-End loss and Back-reflection testing on FTTx and FTTH (LSPM)
- Good fusion splicing skills
- Operation of OTDR(EXFO,SHINEWAY,CORNING,JDSU and YOKOGAWA) and readings, Analyzing and interpretation
- GPS mapping