IGCSE -Laboratory Technician
Education Specialist Information
3 - 5 Years
A degree or HND in laboratory studies
- Prepare adequate quantity and quality of chemicals for experiments in a timely manner.
- Prepare, issues and replaces laboratory equipment.
- Respond to technical questions, questions related to stock solutions, and use of equipment to students and other relevant parties
- Maintain supplies and equipment inventories; orders supplies and equipment for laboratory; keeps stockroom organized.
- Maintain teaching equipment and instruments to ensure accuracy and efficient performance.
- Serve as safety officer for teaching laboratory; stays in lab to oversee safety during scheduled teaching time.
- Plan support of laboratory experiments, ensuring adherence to protocols and safety regulations; assists in troubleshooting and correcting experimental errors.
- Develop quality standards and programs; maintains quality of stockroom, safety, and environmental regulations, and other applicable requirements.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to prepare stock chemicals according to given standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of laboratory facilities and/or equipment.
- Knowledge of laboratory and experimental protocols and procedures.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and training to end users.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge of teaching laboratory materials receiving and storage procedures.
- Ability to utilize, calibrate, configure and/or troubleshoot laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of laboratory operations and/or procedures.
- Ability to enforce laboratory safety.
- Ability to maintain records and perform basic mathematical calculations.
3 High Street