Boarding House Master
Education Coordinator Information
● Maintain high standards of personal conduct in the boarding house, in accordance with school policies
● Foster a homely, purposeful and safe atmosphere within the house
● Induct new boarders and liaise closely with their parents before, during and after their arrival at the school
● Be proactive in seeking to forge excellent personal relationships with boarders, their parents and/or carers
● Oversee the pastoral and academic welfare of all students in the boarding house and act in loco parentis for boarders during term time
● Carry out daytime and evening duties as agreed.
● Carry out weekend duties.
● Be an advocate of boarding across the wider school
● Teach a chosen subject specialism on a commensurately reduced timetable
● Maintain an active interest in the academic progress of boarders in the house and interceding on their behalf as required, for instance, by attending parents’ consultations etc.
● Liaise closely with members of teaching staff across the school, as well as administrative staff and auxiliary staff to ensure the smooth running of the house
● Feed back to parents formally, as part of the school’s reporting procedures