Construction Crew Information
To oversee construction activities. To Complete construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff.
Construction Supervisor Job Duties
- Accomplish construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manage sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors, monitoring and controlling performance.
- Meet operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meet construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
- Accomplish construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approve construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases, obtaining approvals from buyers.
- Comply with and always enforce statutory obligations and construction codes.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Analyse all customer requirements and develop cost effective procedures for same and design innovation techniques for all construction activities and prepare reports for all processes and provide support to construction manager.
- Evaluate and gather all manpower requirements for projects and coordinate with various construction resources for all projects and maintain knowledge on all specialty equipment required for projects.
- Develop and assess all project plans and perform risk assessment on all projects and identify and design resolutions for all issues and recommend cost effective methods for same and provide status reports to all project managers.
- Coordinate with various teams and participate in all claim resolutions meetings and evaluate work plans for all contractors and ensure completion of all tasks with the help of all supervisors.
- Develop and implement all project control tools and prepare an effective cost reports for all construction projects and provide training to all employees on various processes.