Road-Roller (Compactor) Operator Needed Urgently
Construction Crew Information
Other Professional Qualification
- 1) Drives heavy rolling machine to compact earth fills, subgrades, flexible base, and bituminous surface to grade specifications preparatory to construction of highways, streets, and runways: Moves levers, depresses pedals, turns handwheels, and pushes throttle to control and guide machine.
- 2) Drives machine in successive overlapping passes over surface to be compacted.
- 3) Determines speed and direction of machine, based on knowledge of compressibility of material under changing temperatures, so that ridges are not formed by excessive pressure.
- 4) Pushes hand roller and pounds surfaces, using hand tamp, or guides portable power roller over areas not accessible to road roller.
- 5) May be designated according to surface rolled as Road-Roller Operator, Hot Mix; Subgrade-Roller Operator; or according to source of power used as Diesel-Roller Operator; Gas-Roller Operator.