Construction Crew Information
A reputable multinational company with operations in the mining sector and other industries is urgently looking for suitably qualified candidates to join their mining unit. Vacancy: Maintenance Technicians
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Eliminate any safety hazards caused by mechanical defects.
- Assure that safety standards are adhered to.
- Participate in regular (i.e. daily) safety leadership efforts.
- Maintain general housekeeping of tools utilized.
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Identify damaged mechanical parts and repair and replace these, when necessary.
- Attend to mechanical breakdowns.
- Read and utilize precision measuring tools.
- Utilize hand tools, portable electrical tools and maintenance shop equipment safely and effectively.
- Perform a variety of other maintenance tasks, including predictive and preventative mechanical maintenance.
- Perform routine maintenance on all mechanical equipment, in line with approved maintenance standards.
- Conduct in-depth investigations into faults affecting equipment operations and process flows.
- Troubleshoot technical and / or operational problems.
- Identify, resolve and correct detected mechanical faults and defects in equipment.
- Execute on mechanical maintenance tasks for completion, arising out of schedules received from the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical equipment for emergency repairs, conduct visual inspections with guidance.
- Diagnose whether to fix or replace machines
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Relevant qualification from a reputable institution
- Should have experience in operating automated Diamond/RC/Auger Drill Rigs
- Must be fluent in English
- At least 5 years’ experience
- Prior international experience is a plus
- Should have a valid passport