Director Of Facilities
Asset Management Information
The Director of Facilities Management is responsible for the management of all Engineering/Maintenance and Facilities Planning activities. As such, this position has full authority and responsibility for all activities relating to this department. This includes the operation, maintenance, renovation, appearance, safety, and design/engineering services.
The Director of Facilities Management administers and directs preventive and corrective maintenance programs to maintain buildings, grounds, and equipment, both fixed and portable as well as establish and direct departmental goals and objectives in accordance with those of the administration to provide.
This position manages expenditures for Facilities, serves as the primary contact for the real estate management team, identifies requests and assessments for Capital investments and maintenance in the building, develops and implements both short- and long-range planning regarding infrastructure and environment of care.
Role and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage and ensure the safety of the flats while demonstrating fiscal responsibility and control overspending.
- Ensure effective project management and interdepartmental/interagency collaboration
- Ensure life safety functions of buildings are effectively managed, have appropriate back up and contingency planning for unexpected infrastructure and/or equipment failure; and those existing systems are in good working order while maintaining compliance with industry standards, regulations, including an accurate statement of conditions, document that demonstrates all fire safety and other environmental compliance and lists deficiencies and corrective action plans with timeline for completion
- Conducts contract negotiations, oversee the bidding process and function as clerk of the works for capital projects to ensure timely and satisfactory delivery of contractor services
- Identifies and implements capital and equipment plans to maintain the environment of care and support modernization/renovation of patient care areas, utilizing facilities staff to minimize cost
- Manages resources for a safe, functional, comfortable and aesthetically pleasing facilities
- Establishes and implements departmental policies, procedures, and reviews, including annually interpreting it to departmental staff
- Prepares manuals and guidebooks covering all phases of departmental operation for use by Employees.
- Communicate internally with all individuals affecting the project or affected by a project, communicate externally with any individuals or agencies that may have an impact on a project
- Consults with department Leaders in completion of projects and assignments
- Consults with outside contractors/Architects in completing scheduled work and manages construction design in order to build optimally maintainable spaces.
- Performs the Financial Management activities pertaining to the preparation of the annual departmental budgets for staff, operating, and capital expenditures
- Develops cost control programs for the departments
- Reviews specifications for all equipment and construction for the hospital
- Compile documentation required for the justification of projects
- Provides technical information and consultation to other departments, consult with vendors on design, purchase, and installation of new equipment
- Reviews designs and prepare reports for compliance with state and local government policy
- Constantly advances knowledge and attends various meetings/seminars concerning specific areas or concerns within the hospital, relating to the department
- Observes and enforces safety regulations and practices
- Develops and maintains a positive work climate and the overall team effort of the department.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or directed
- Ability to mentor and train individuals in the position as needed/required