Takoradi-based Cash Office Clerk
Accounting Clerk Information
1 - 3 Years
Higher National Diploma
Good command of the English language Basic understanding of accounting principles and good computer knowledge Ability to process information/merchandise through register system Ability to communicate with associates and customers Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation Ability to work varied hours/days (including evenings, weekends, and holidays) as needed
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain all cash.
- Receive cheques and ensure that details have been filled out correctly.
- Calculate total receipts during the day and reconcile this with cash and cheques received.
- Bank daily all cheques received and excess cash above required limit.
- Ensure morning cash checks are effectively performed together with manager.
- Ensure daily submission of cash transactions to head office, and respecting monthly deadlines.
- Adhere to all internal controls in the areas of cash management.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Maintain orderly appearance of cash area and supplies stocked.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of petty cash