Accounting Clerk Information
3 - 5 Years
Higher National Diploma
Project Management Jobs
Working Experience*: 3 - 5 years Education Level*: BSc/HND Application Deadline*: 30th September 2019 Job Industry*: Sanitation Salary Range *: Not specified Qualifications*: BSc. Administration (Accounting Option) o Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures o Knowledge and compliance with relevant local, state and international financial regulations Key Competencies o Planning and Organizing Skills o Attention to Detail and Accuracy o Problem-solving Skills o Teamwork o Customer Service Orientation o Communication skills - verbal and written o Interpersonal Skills o Integrity o MS Office and knowledge of accounting software
- A reputable company is looking to employ Accounts Officer to perform a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions in the organization.
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Functions
- Prepares and submits invoices/receipts to Clients
- Codes, posts and receipt payments
- Prepares and coordinates deposit activities
- Performs all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
- Monitors Client’s accounts for non-payment and delayed payment
- Checks, verifies and processes invoices
- Prepares payments for approval
- Sorts, codes and enters accounts payable data
- Analyzes discrepancies and unpaid invoices
- Maintains vendor files
- Researches discrepancies in accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger accounts; interfaces with vendors, clients and other appropriate staff to reconcile
- Monthly reconciles and updates fixed asset ledger
- Payroll Functions
- Collects, confirms and processes time sheets and overtime
- Verifies taxes and other deductions and effects payment to the various institutions
- Tracks employee vacation and sick time with coordination from Human Resource
- Support functions
- Assists in the formulating and monitoring of the company’s budget.
- Reviews all books of account, financial reports, fiscal activities and other documents are accurate and comply with accounting and legal requirements.
- Provides monthly and quarterly reports to Accountant/Management on budgetary performance.
- Updates, verifies and maintains accounting journals, ledgers and other financial records
- Finds and uses accounting data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies
- Identifies market trends and operational inefficiencies’ and advises management on how to increase profits and reduces losses.
- Tracks and audits petty cash
- Assists with employee expense reports
- Performs filing and general administrative tasks
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by Management from time to time
Job Category *: Accounting
Select Job Type*: Full Time