Collection/Credit Control Officer
Accounting Clerk Information
1 - 3 Years
• BSC in Accounting or finance or related field • Proven experience as a Debt recovery officer for a minimum period of 2-3 years
Responsible for reaching out to customers to collect payment for overdue payments. Acts as the liaison between creditors and customers and manages overdue accounts.
- Collect payments on past due bills.
- Create a list of people who have not made payments.
- Organize list according to severity of delinquency.
- Locate customers using background checks, loan documents, and other paperwork or databases.
- Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owed.
- Attempt to collect payment.
- Review terms of sale documents.
- Ensure all customer information is correct, including phone numbers and addresses.
- Set up repayment plans and new terms of sale.
- Record new commitment to repay debt.
- Purge records if debt has been satisfied.
- Report satisfied debts to the Head of Finance.
- Print reports for management.
- BSC in Accounting or finance or any related field
- Proven experience as a Debt recovery officer for a minimum period of 2-3 years
- Must have a good interpersonal relationship and be firm with decisions
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel) and familiarity with Tally
- Good understanding of debt recovery process