Best Practices In Files Management
Traning Program Information
BEST PRACTICES IN FILES MANAGEMENT
Date of Course: Dec. 11th-12th, 2019
Do these questions concerning your Files hit home for you?
Take a look around your office. If your boss asked you for an important file right now, would you be able to find it right away? Could you hand it over to him while he’s standing?
Do your colleagues borrow your files and then forget to return them? How much time would you save if every file you needed took less than a minute to locate? Do you have misfiles, costly retrieval and re-file time and uncontrolled access to files? Do you spend large amounts of time trying to remember what a record or document was called? Do you have problems in managing
in-coming & out-going correspondence? Are you concerned about making document searches
in your electronic systems easier? Has your organization established control over dormant files?
Have you ever wondered how long you need to keep your office files? Are you faced with limited resources such as space and equipment when attempting to manage your records or a lack of adequate skills and knowledge that could further lead to frustration and job insecurity?
Benefits of Attending:
By the end of the course, participants will be able to….
Identify weaknesses and flaws in their filing processes – and fix them, Develop a Filing System (paper & electronic) that anyone can use even when you’re out of the office, Identify symptoms
of poor files management and be able to recommend improvements, effectively manage your
Mail & Correspondence, manage active and inactive records, make document searches on your Electronic systems easier and help clean up your desktop.
Who Should Attend?
Records Officers /Registry Officials, Administrative Staff, Secretaries/PA’s,Clerks, Church Office Staff, Hospital Records officers, IT Staff, Accounts Officers, Legal Assistants etc.
1. Introduction to Effective Files Management.
2. Developing a Filing System with Split-Second File Retrieval Abilities.
3. File & Folder organizational Structures.
4. The Registry/Records Office.
5. Records Management policies including File Naming Policies.
6. Techniques and Skills in Managing Active Files.
7. Control of File Movement.
8. Mail & Correspondence Management.
9. Managing Records Disposition and the role of Records Centers and Archives.
10. Protecting Business Files from disasters.
11. General Tips on Electronic File Management.
12. Basic computer skills for effective Records Management.
13. Understanding Technology in the Registry Environment.
14. How to safeguard critical & confidential information.
Venue: Osu Eben-Ezer Presby Conference Suite- Osu, Accra.
Course Fee :GH¢790.00 per participant. The fee covers handouts in digital format, snacks, lunch and a certificate of participation. Timing: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm each day.
Registration: Please contact us on tel. nos: 020-8149990, 024-4480077, 027-8664332.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.Website: www.laysiainfo.com
Mode of Payment: Crossed cheque/cash payable to Laysia Info Consult.
In-House Option:All courses are available as in-house options.
We look forward to hearing from you.